Want to increase your internet speed on your desktop, than here is a simple tip which would help you do so.
Microsoft reserves 20% of system's bandwidth speed for their own purposes like updates and interrogating your PC, etc... But you get it back.
Just follow these simple steps.
1. Click Start then Run and type “gpedit.msc” without quotes. This opens the group policy editor.
2. Then go to:
· Local Computer Policy
· Computer Configuration
· Administrative Templates
· QOS Packet Scheduler
· Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
3. Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth.
4. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the ‘Explain’ tab i.e. By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”
5. So the trick is to ENABLE Reservable bandwidth, and then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.